Sunday, May 9, 2010

Where have I been?

Wow!  Long time no post.  I haven't been crafting, that's for sure.  Wish I could, but it's been so beautiful outside I just had to get out there and work.  I planted a garden, which is coming along nicely.

As you can see that's been lots of fun and lots of work.  It seems to be doing very well now.  The strawberries have taken off. 
I've also been sticking to my challenge to lose 20 pounds.  I've only lost 4 so far; however, that's not for a lack of trying.  I'm up to running 2.7 miles :-) and I've started lifting weights with my hubby.  It's great because it's like having my own personal trainer.  He knows so much about training and diet.  He's great!  Although I've only lost four pounds, the jeans are fitting better and I feel fantastic compared to how I used to feel.  Of course, I've also been on a mega weekly dose of Vitamin D.  Last Thursday was my last dose, so let's pray my body starts to process it on its own.  My doctor will not run any tests until June.  I understand that she wants to be absolutely sure that it wasn't some diet issue or just the winter months that caused it, but it's very frusterating and scarey thinking that I could go back to being so darn tired all the time.  So that's my little update.  Oh, I have made a couple of crafts, but they're surprises for some family who may be reading this blog, so I can't post them.  I'll take pictures and post after I give them to them:-)  Have a wonderful and blessed week!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have done an awesome job on your garden. I wish I could have one, but the deer in our area eat EVERYTHING!! May have to build an enclosure and start from there. Anyway, I'm sure you will enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a lot of work, and I'm sure it's going to be absolutely beautiful when it all fills in in all the pretty colors and greens!

    Congrats on your 4 pound weight loss!

    ReplyDelete